Setting PrintUNIL up on Linux is possible thanks to the Common Unix Printing System (CUPS); the procedure is therefore the same for any Linux distribution.
- Install “cups foomatic” and “smbclient” if they are not already installed on your system. The procedure varies according to Linux distributions, but a quick search using your favourite web search engine should give you all the details you need to install these packages.
- Go to localhost:631 using a web browser.
- Select : "Add Printer"
- Select "Windows Printer via SAMBA"
- Type the following address : smb://username:password@AD/printunil.unil.ch/printunil. Change "username" with your UNIL username et "password" with your UNIL password. Be careful to keep the ":" between your username and password.
- Type "PrintUNIL" on the field labelled "Name"
- Select "Generic"
- Choose "Generic PostScript Printer Foomatic/Postscript"
- Select the default settings (make sure to choose Double-sided Printing)
In order to install PrintUNIL-Couleur, get back to step 5 with the address smb://username:password@AD/printunil.unil.ch/printunil-couleur
- You can now print your documents on PrintUNIL by choosing the printers PrintUNIL and PrintUNIL-Couleur