A survey of the international collaborations of UNIL academics launched in 2020 showed that the University of Padua ranks among the most important partners of UNIL, with more that 40 ongoing research collaborations at the time.
Both parties being interested in developping further the cooperation, a privileged partnership agreement was signed in 2021 to support current collaborations and foster the development of new projects.
If you collaborate with colleagues from the University of Padua and have not informed us yet, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Calls for joint projects
The University of Padua and the University of Lausanne launched a first joint call in 2021, and a second in 2022, the latter supporting the following activities:
- Graduate summer/ winter programs
- Joint seminars / conferences involving early-stage researchers
- PhD workshops
- Innovative teaching programs
An email is sent to all academics concerned as soon as it is published.
Projects selected in 2022
At the occasion of the second joint call launched in May 2022, 12 projects were selected for funding among the 15 submitted projects:
- Accounting Summer Camp - Workshop
- Bridging the Gap: Statistical Modeling of Cosmology Extremes
- Commodity trade and global institutions. A multidisciplinary approach to the governance of global markets in the 20th century
- Communia. Administration of the commons, customary orders and taxonomy of collective ownership in Switzerland and Italy
- Connected and Plastic. Porous boundaries of humans, environments and machines in biomedicine
- Crossing disciplinary gazes on landscape: a cultural approach
- Graph Neural Networks for Neuroheuristic Brain Analysis
- Immunology of the skin: theoretical basis and practical implications in health and disease
- Literature, Politics and Historiography in the Italian Renaissance (part II)
- Medieval and Early Modern English Studies in Europe
- Women Authors and Translators in the Age of Goethe: Challenges and Strategies